Google Tag Manager allows you to manage all your website tags in one place without having to edit code.
Let's Get Started
Create an Account and Container
Install Google Tag Manager on Your Website
- Follow the instructions that pop up once you have created your container. You'll need to paste the first section of code as high in the <head> of your site as possible.
- Paste the second code immediately after the <body> tag.
Adding A New Tag
- Click Add a New Tag
- Choose Tag Configuration and Tag Type (what type of tag are you adding?) and the ID specific to the Tag you've chosen. For the example in the video, we chose to add the GA4 Tag, which calls for a Measurement ID.
- Next, choose the Trigger that will cause your Tag to fire. For the example in the video, we have selected All Pages.
- Rename the tag (make it something memorable!) and hit Save.
- Once you have saved, don't forget to submit your Workspace changes and publish. Your changes won't take place until you have done so!