Google Analytics is comprehensive data tracking tool that is completely free to use and gives you insight into how visitors are using your website. However, it can be a bit tricky to set up properly.
Let's Get Started
Sign up for or sign in to google analytics
If you do not yet have a Google Analytics account, you'll need to set one up.
You'll be prompted and asked if you are creating this account for yourself or to manage your business. Think about how you want your account organized - and remember that you're able to have multiple properties (websites or apps) within one account.
Set Up a Property in your analytics account
1. Find and click the gear icon (Admin) in the lower left of your screen. This will take you to the Admin view of your Analytics account.
2. Click to Create Property. A Property represents your website or app. You'll want to name your Property to reflect that and select the correct timezone for your business.
Add Analytics to Your Website (gA4)
1. Within the Admin panel, find Data Streams and choose the one you'd like to track.
2. Scroll down to Tagging Instructions and click on either Global Site Tag (gtag.js) or Google Tag Manager (if you have one).
3. To use the Global Site Tag, copy the tag into the <head> section of the HTML on your website.
If you are not familiar with HTML, you should ask your web developer to install this for you.
Link Additional Google Ads
You'll want to link your Google Ads to your Analytics property to see the full journey of your users. To do so:
1. Visit Google Ads Linking within your Property and click the blue Link button.
2. Choose the Google Ads account, then click Next.
3. Make sure "Enable Personalized Advertising" is turned on and click Next.
4. Review the settings you've chosen and hit Submit.