Looking to grow your following and increase the buzz around your brand? Take advantage of LinkedIn's Invite Connections feature. New restrictions have been added to Company Page Admin's ability to Invite Connections. Let's break it down.
How to Invite Connections to Follow Your LinkedIn Company Page
Limitation on who you can invite
Page Admins can only invite 1st-degree connections from their personal accounts. Having multiple admins allows you to leverage the 1st-degree connections of the group-having them extend requests to their network(s).
Limitation on how many you can invite
The ability to send connection requests are available by the total number of "credits".
- Sending out an Invitation (-1 credit)
- Invitation is accepted, the credit is earned back to the page total (+ 1 credit)
- Invitation is rejected by the user or withdrawn (cancelled) the page credit is lost (-1 credit)
- Admins have an individual daily limit.
- All admins share the Page's collective credits available, which renew on the first day of every month.
- The Page Credits overthrow the Admin Credits
- Ex: If the Page has 10 Credits, and the Admin has 20-the Admin can ONLY send 10.
Example of the credit method
Due to this new limitation-extend invites to those you believe will accept so that you can continue to grow your page following. Run out of credits? Use your personal LinkedIn page to post an update to your network promoting your company page while you wait for your credits to refresh!